The hock brace is ideal for dogs with tarsal injuries, tarsal osteoarthritis, ligament injuries and articular tendon inflammations.
The Back on Track fabric helps to speed up the healing and recovery process.
You may also be interested in our new hock wrap.
Dog Hock Brace
How Back on Track works
Back on Track's joint and muscle supports are all made of functional textiles with heat reflective properties. The textile is a synergy of ancient Chinese experience and modern scientific textile technology. Ceramic particles are fused into the polyester fibers during the manufacturing process. When heated, the ceramic particles radiate heat back towards the body. This reflected heat is long-wave heat radiation, which is also known as long wave infrared radiation.
Infrared heat radiation increases temperature thus improving circulation which also has a calming, anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect.
- Relaxes the muscles before exercise or physical activity - warm-up
- Prevents muscle, ligament, tendon and joint damage (ideal in agility or mushing dogs) - injury prevention
- Facilitates and accelerates the recovery process for injured muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints - injury relief
The tarsal support is also used for dogs with weak ankles due to a surgical procedure, arthritis or injuries in ligaments and tendons.
Follow these instructions to select the size:
1. Take a sewing tape, or a tape measure and string.
2. Measure the perimeters above and below the tarsus (if in doubt, check the indications in the product images).
3. Look at the size chart for the size that corresponds to the measurement taken.
|Size||Upper circumference||Lower circumference|
|S||-13,5 cm||-10,5 cm|
|M||13,5 - 16 cm||10,5 - 12 cm|
|L||16 - 18,5 cm||12 - 16 cm|
All Back on Track products should be introdudced gradually. To start, use the product for a maximum of four hours a day for the first 2-3 days. Once the body has had the opportunity to familiarize itself with the fabric’s effects, the brace can be worn all day.
It can be used in both winter and summer because it retains the dog's own heat. It does not increase temperature artificially and is also very breathable.
The product can be machine washed at 86ºF in a gentle setting with normal detergent without bleach or fabric softener. Air dry.