Anti knuckling sling
The Anti knuckling sling is an assistive device for dogs with sciatic nerve insufficiency secondary to Degenerative Myelopathy, intervertebral disc disease, fibrocartilaginous embolus, spinal trauma and neoplasia, among other diagnoses.
Scroll down in the description to see how to select the size and visit our FAQ section for any other questions about its uses, instructions, shipping, payment methods, returns or exchanges.
This foot sling has been developed to assist dogs who drag their paws when walking due to a sciatic nerve problem. The sling prevents knuckling by supporting the paw's 2 middle toes, and is attached via a tightened elastic adjustable cord with a strap wrapped around the hock.
Dogs with the ability to bear weight on the limb (i.e. hock, stifle, and hip
extension) are candidates for the foot sling; these dogs have diminished conscious
proprioception or loss of digital extensor function causing toe dragging and knuckling. The tension generated by the aid encourages the dog to walk properly and prevents it from dragging the dorsal part of the foot.
The sling should not be left on overnight and is not recommended to be used for more than 2 continuous hours without a break. Check every 15 minutes on the start sessions.
Indicated for use in:
- Degenerative Myelopathy
- Spinal trauma
- Intervertebral Disk Disease
- Fibrocartilagenous Embolus
The foot sling has two different configurations:
- DAILY USE: Connect the end of the elastic cord to the tip of the corrective boot for the sciatic nerve (optional, not included). The boot is indicated for sessions longer than 15 minutes.
- REHABILITATION SESSIONS: with one hand supporting the paw, place the neoprene section under 3rd and 4th phalanx, then pull the cord to give the desired amount of tension. Intended for sessions shorter than 15 minutes.
1. Take a sewing tape, or a tape measure and string.
2. Measure the contour in the upper area of the tarsus, a couple of centimeters above the joint (if in doubt, check the instructions in the product images).
3. Look at the size chart for the size that corresponds to the measurement taken.
|XXS||5 - 7 cm|
|XS||7 - 9 cm|
|S||9 - 11,5 cm|
|M||11,5 - 14 cm|
|L||14 - 20 cm|
You might also like