Dog Knee Brace
This is the original Ortocanis knee brace that helps dogs with limping and joint pain for an improved quality of life.
Useful for reducing pain in cases of osteoarthritis, cruciate ligament injury, meniscus injury, kneecap problems and tendinitis.
See the complete description and sizes below.
New model 2021!
Dog Knee brace
This knee brace helps dogs with limping and joint pain for an improved quality of life.
The knee brace reduces pain and swelling by improving balance among the muscle groups involved. Improved flexibility in tight muscles enables the dog to quickly regain a normal walking gait in the affected limb. The slight pressure that this surface brace exerts alleviates the burden on the joints, increasing their stability and preventing the injury from turning into a more serious condition.
The brace has both an elastic and stabilising effect. In the event of damaged cruciate ligaments, the dog may use the knee brace before the surgical procedure (along with the prescribed treatment) to prevent loss of muscle mass. Five days after surgery, the dog can use the brace again once the swelling has gone down.
Instructions for Use
The knee brace has to be correctly pulled up on the dog’s leg until it covers the knee area. Place the fastening strap of the brace under the abdomen and over the back and fasten the Velcro on the outside. Be careful not to injure the dog when placing it, apply force to the brace while still respecting the natural position of the knee.
Follow these instructions to select the size:
1. Take a sewing tape, or a tape measure and a string.
2. Measure the contour of the leg at the groin level (if in doubt, check the indications in the product images).
3. Look at the size chart for the size that corresponds to the measurement taken.
4. In case of doubt between two sizes, choose the smaller one.
5. To find out if it is the right or left side, stand behind the dog and look in the same direction.
6. If your dog has a lower hip (for example German Shepherd breed) the upper strap of the knee brace could slide back and fall. To avoid this, you can purchase our Knee brace fastening belt so to make sure it will keep on place”
|Size||Race approx.||Thigh contour (A)|
15 - 16 cm
5.9 - 6.3''
17 - 18 cm
6.7 - 7''
|XXS||Jack Russell||19 - 21 cm||7.5 - 8.2''|
|XS||Sheltie, Cocker Spaniel, Fox Terrier||22 - 24 cm||8.6 - 9.4''|
|S||Kelpie, Greyhound, Beagle||25 - 28 cm||9.8 - 11''|
|M||Border Collie, Springer Spaniel, small Labrador||29 - 31 cm||11.4 - 12.2''|
|L||German shepherd, small Rottweiler, Boxer, big Labrador||32 - 36 cm||12.6 - 14.2''|
|XL||Rottweiler||37 - 41 cm||14.5 - 16.1''|
|XXL||Bernese Mountain||42-47 cm||16.5 - 18.5''|
Some dogs have a fallen hip and the upper belt may slide back and fall off. To prevent this from happening you can purchase the LUMBAR FASTENING STRAP
If the size you need is not available in the above table, or if you prefer a better fit, you can order a CUSTOM KNEE BRACE
Do you need more stability? Check out our new HINGED KNEE BRACE
In the unlikely case of swelling and redness you must contact a veterinarian or physical therapist.
You might also like